In today’s real estate market, having high-quality photos of properties is more important than ever. With the rise of online real estate platforms, potential buyers have access to thousands of listings at their fingertips. This means that real estate agents need to make sure their listings stand out and capture the attention of potential buyers.
Taking real estate photos with a smartphone is a tempting proposition. Everyone today is carrying a camera around with them, and it’s easy and convenient to take photos of anything and everything. Today’s phones are capable of taking perfectly decent photos for posting on social media or texting to friends. However, there are several reasons why professional photography is a better choice for real estate agents.
- Equipment: Professional photographers have high-end cameras and equipment that produce high-quality images. The right equipment, including lenses, lights, tripods, and drones can make a huge difference in the final product, especially when it comes to brightness, color, clarity, and overall aesthetic appeal.
>> Related Reading: Must-have gear for real estate photography
- Experience: Professional photographers have years of experience and training in capturing the best angles, lighting, and overall composition of a real estate property. They’ve studied techniques and honed their craft. This experience allows them to produce photos that accurately represent the property and showcase its best features.
- Attention to Detail: Professional photographers pay close attention to every detail, from the lighting to the furniture placement. Just as a good real estate agent is an expert at writing listings, arranging properties, giving tours, and presenting the best qualities of a property, a professional photographer is an expert at attending to all the little things that add up to a beautiful, engaging photo shoot. They understand the importance of creating a visual narrative that draws the viewer in and helps them imagine themselves in the space.
- Consistency: Professional photographers follow a consistent set of standards, ensuring that all of their images look consistent and professional. When multiple real estate agents working for an agency go out to various properties with their phones, the results will be unpredictable: What if Agent A has a better phone camera than Agent B? What if Agent X has an unfortunate habit of getting their fingertips in their shots? Leaving all property photography to a professional company is important for building a strong brand and creating a cohesive online presence.
- Speed: Attempting to take high-quality photos with a smartphone can be time-consuming, especially if you don’t have the right equipment or experience. Real estate agents’ time is best spent on selling properties and dealing with clients, not on struggling to figure out when and where and how to take better photos. Professional photographers can typically get the job done much faster and more efficiently, allowing real estate agents to spend more time on other important tasks.
- Staging and Styling: Professional photographers often work with a stylist to stage and style the property before taking photos. And we’re not talking hairstylists! Setting up a property to look its best helps to create an attractive and inviting space that appeals to potential buyers.
- Virtual Tours: This is a game-changer: Some professional photographers (including Falco Media Services) offer virtual tour services, which allow potential buyers to take an interactive tour of the property from the comfort of their own home. With a few clicks or taps, they can enter the front door, look around the kitchen and the living room, explore the bedrooms — and thanks to drone photography, even catch a glimpse of the property from above. Assembling such a tour would be prohibitively time-consuming and logistically challenging for a real estate agent to take on themselves, but when handed off to a professional, it can be a powerful tool for attracting potential buyers and helping them get a feel for the property before visiting in person.
>> Related Reading: What are virtual tours for real estate and why are they important?
- Increased Online Visibility: High-quality photos can help listings get more visibility online, as they are more likely to be shared and shared by potential buyers on social media and other platforms. A prospective customer who’s scrolling through listings is much more likely to stop and take a closer look at the ones that are accompanied by slick, professional-quality photos.
- Increased Property Value: Professional photography can also help to increase the perceived value of a property. By showcasing the property in the best light possible, professional photos can help to create a more positive impression of the property and make it more appealing to potential buyers. The exact same house can look completely different in a bright, clear, colorful photo than it does in a dim smartphone photo.
- Competitive Advantage: By using professional photography, real estate agents can differentiate themselves from their competition and show that they are committed to providing the best possible service to their clients.
Professional photography is a valuable investment for real estate agents looking to showcase their properties in the best light possible. From high-quality equipment to attention to detail, professional photographers can provide the skills and expertise to produce images that accurately represent the property and help sell it faster.
If you’re a real estate agent in East Texas, consider using Falco Media Services for your photography needs. From traditional photography to drone photos, we’re the best in the business when it comes to capturing beautiful, compelling images of any property. Contact us today to learn how we can help you take your listings to the next level!